AES Board of Governors’ Meeting Agenda/Informational Bulletin - Regular Session
Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:00 p.m. Board Conference Room
1) Call to Order: Establishment of Quorum
2) Approval of Minutes: Minutes of the April 18, 2013 Board meeting is attached for Board’s review/ approval (Attachment #1)
3 ) Issues for Board’s Decision: (Specific Recommended motions that the Board must decide)
1) PRC is submitting the following policies for Board’s review and approval. Board members are requested to review the policies in advance. (Attachment #2)
a) 2.105 Vacancies on the Board
b) 2.1051 Resignation of Board Members
c) 2.1052 Board Member removed from office
d) 2.2054 Student Enrichment Committee
e) 5.12200 Renewal of Faculty and Administrators Contracts
f) 5.1230 Faculty Performance Appraisal
g) 8.101 EAL Criteria for Admissions
2) It is recommended that the current kindergarten children that require EAL services in first grade not be charged the 2,500 dollar EAL fee and they be “grandfathered” along with all other continuing students receiving services.
3) Audit committee recommends the Board appoint BSR & Co, the statutory auditors to audit the AES financial statements for the period ending June 30, 2013, and the Provident Fund accounts for the period ending March 31, 2013. (Attachment #3)
4) Summer Check Signatories: It is moved that the Board formally pass the resolution authorizing signatories during the summer, June 1, 2013 to August 12, 2013. (Attachment #4)
4) Report from the Director:
5) Board Committee Reports: Written reports from the Committee Chairs will be received and noted. Reports not available at the time the agenda was published will be handed out at the meeting. All reports will be included with the minutes of the meeting. A brief time is allocated for questions by the Board about these reports or for discussion of key items.
a) Education and Student Life Committee:
b) Environment and Facilities Committee:
c) Finance Committee:
d) Personnel Committee:
e) Policy Review Committee:
6) Honorary Board members’ Reports
a) Associated Student Council
b) Faculty Association
c) Parent School Association – Adrienne Athanas
7) Issues for Board’s Discussion/Information:
a) Review status of the Board’s annual goals. (Attachment #12)
b) Discussion of the current committee structure and whether a Trustees Committee is needed.
c) Discussion of Board officers roles and responsibilities
d) Board members summer leave plan: Board members for the 2013-2014 school year send their summer leave plan and contact details to Latha by Friday, May 17.