The Vision of AES Athletics/Activities
- Ambassadors of our community and our school
- Masters of our Craft: Arts, Academics, Activities or Athletics
- Standard bearers of Respect: Sportsmanship and Fair Play
American Embassy School Activities Mission Statement
We provide an extensive activities program which complements and supports our academic program by teaching students to persevere, work with others, and to challenge themselves through the spirit of fair play, and cooperation.
- cooperation through competition teaches integrity, self-discipline, teamwork, dedication, sacrifice, perseverance, respect for self and others, and time management.
- athletics/activities emphasizes the importance of balance between academic and co-curricular activities.
- athletics/activities supports classroom teachers in academic success for students.
- in the value of multiple season participation for overall student development.
- well-designed athletic/activities programs promote community and school pride.
- in open communication and mutual respect among coaches, parents, and students.
- well qualified coaches and program administrators are important components of a successful athletic/activities program.
- positive parent support and involvement enhances student growth and program quality.
- that athletics/activities help students develop a lifelong commitment to healthy lifestyles.
AES offers a rich extracurricular program across all ages and interests. As founding members of MESAC (Middle East South Asia Conference) and ASIAC (American Schools in India Activities Conference), AES is well respected for the excellence in our quality of student-athletes, both on the playing field and off. In addition we also participate with other international schools in Model United Nations, Forensics, MATHCOUNTS, Academic Games and Music and Theatre Festivals.
PROUD MOMENT FOR AES at the MESAC Badminton championship
AES Varsity Badminton team earned the year’s first overall team championship gold in athletics for AES.
Varsity and JV teams both were scored the highest on sportsmanship rubric by the other schools and they also won both the Ambassadors awards.